The Washington State Historical Society periodically issues bid proposals for goods and services, including:
- Request for Quotations/Quotes (RFQ)
- Request for Qualifications and Quotations/Quotes (RFQQ)
- Request for Bids/Proposals (RFB/RFP)
- Letter to Request Bids (LRB)
All bid proposals are posted on WEBS.
RFQQ NO. WSHS-19-MS-001
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS AND QUOTATIONS
NOTE: THIS IS A SUMMARY ONLY. You must download the full RFQQ to apply.
If you download this RFQQ from the WSHS website located at washingtonhistory.org, you are responsible for sending your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number to the RFQQ Coordinator in order for your organization to receive any RFQQ amendments or bidder questions/WSHS answers.
PROJECT TITLE: HVAC System Maintenance
PROPOSAL DUE DATE: July 3, 2018
EXPECTED TIME PERIOD FOR CONTRACT: July 15, 2018 thru June 30, 2019
CONSULTANT ELIGIBILITY: This procurement is open to those consultants that satisfy the minimum qualifications stated herein and that are available for work in Washington State.
1.1 PURPOSE AND BACKGROUND
The purpose of this solicitation is to identify contractors to conduct onsite maintenance of the Washington State Historical Society’s heating and cooling systems (to include HVAC/Plumbing/Electrical related matters) at the Washington State History Museum, 1911 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, Washington.
The objectives of this solicitation is to identity and elucidate contractors to provide the following:
- Chiller preventative maintenance (two times annually) (Oil analysis once a year)
- Boilers preventative maintenance (two times annually)
- Fire System preventative maintenance (one time annually)
- Exhaust Fans preventative maintenance (two times annually)
- Cooling Tower preventative maintenance (two times annually)
- HVAC Technician help with other HVAC/Plumbing/Electrical related matters (approximately 8 hours per month)
- Written reports for maintenance inspections
- Written reports for service calls
- Priority scheduling and response for all service offerings
- 24x7 Emergency Response availability
- 20-minute call back and 4-hours on site for emergency service calls
- Service history tracking by Equipment ID for all equipment under contract
1.3 MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
The successful bidder must be or become licensed to do business in the state of Washington and have at least five (5) years demonstrated experience in conducting maintenance of heating and cooling systems. Bidders, who do not meet these minimum qualifications will be rejected as non-responsive and will not receive further consideration. Any proposal that is rejected as non-responsive will not be evaluated or scored.
The overall budget for this contract is not to exceed $30,000.00. Any contract(s) awarded as a result of this procurement is contingent upon the availability of funding.
1.5 PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
The period of performance of any contract(s) resulting from this RFQQ is tentatively scheduled to begin on or about July 15, 2018 and to end on June 30, 2019. The AGENCY reserves the option at its sole discretion to extend the contract for two additional twelve-month periods.
Definitions for the purposes of this RFQQ include:
Agency. The Washington State Historical Society (WSHS) is the agency of the state of Washington that is issuing this RFQQ.
Consultant. Individual, company, or firm submitting a proposal in order to attain a contract with the AGENCY.
Contractor. Individual or company whose proposal has been accepted by the AGENCY and is awarded a fully executed, written contract.
Proposal. A formal offer submitted in response to this solicitation.
Request for Qualifications and Quotations (RFQQ). Formal procurement document in which services needed are identified and firms are invited to provide their qualifications to provide the services and their hourly rates.
The AGENCY complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Consultants may contact the RFQQ Coordinator to receive this Request for Qualifications and Quotations in Braille or on tape.
Note: You must download the full RFQQ to apply. Click here to download.
Current bid proposals posted
- Sole Source Parking Machine Award Announcement: The Washington State Historical Society intends to award a sole source contract for purchase and installation of a parking machine at the Washington State History Museum in Tacoma to Northwest Parking Equipment, 13500 Lake City Way NE, Seattle, Washington. The total contract amount is expected to be approximately $15,000.00.
The additional parking machine will provide patrons better access to purchase parking for distant parking stalls making it more convenient for patrons to pay and require less distance to walk. This parking machine will lower violations, lower enforcement inspections, provide patrons convenient access to pay for parking, and ultimately increase parking revenue and patron satisfaction.
Responses and inquiries should be directed to Mark Sylvester, Head of Support Services, Washington State Historical Society, 1911 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98402; 253-798-5891; firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to download this content.