Full STEAM Ahead
K-12 Educator Workshop
February 25, 2017 9 AM - 3:30 PM
LeMay – America's Car Museum
2702 East D Streeet, Tacoma, WA 98421Tacoma's Museum District brings you creative new ways to incorporate science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics into your classroom. Educators from America's Car Museum, Children's Museum of Tacoma, Foss Waterway Seaport, Museum of Glass, Tacoma Art Museum and the Washington State History Museum provide engaging, hands-on workshops for both primary and secondary teachers. A STEAM panel discussion features education and community leaders including 2017 Washington State Teacher of the Year, Camille Jones.
- Stylish Speed: A Cross-Curricular Analysis of Automobile Design presented by America's Car Museum
- Children's Literature as an Invitation for STEAM Investigation presented by Children's Museum of Tacoma
- Will Our Design Work? Building a Truss Bridge presented by Foss Waterway Seaport
- Science of Glass Art presented by Museum of Glass
- The Art and Science of Photography presented by Tacoma Art Museum
- Turning Your Classroom into a History Lab presented by Washington State History Museum
Registration is $45 and includes 5 clock hours, lunch, cross-curriculum lesson plans, parking and admission to each museum.
Register online at americascarmuseum.org/fullsteamahead