Tacoma Museum District Summer Camp - STEAM
$295 non-members, $275 members
Camp hours: 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
Before and after care available at the Washington State History Museum, 8:00 AM through 5:30 PM.
Explore science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) in the Tacoma Museum District! Each day starts and ends at the Washington State History Museum, and campers will also build, experiment and create at the Tacoma Art Museum, the Museum of Glass, Foss Waterway Seaport, and LeMay-America’s Car Museum. Find out how architects design museums. Learn how exhibits are created and displayed. Make your own museum model to take home, inspired by a day at each museum.
American Institute of Architects Facilitation: Each day between 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM, at least one architect will join the camp to help facilitate the day’s activity.
Teaching Artist: Cheyenne Shea Gillett, a teacher at Harrison Prep's International Baccalaureate program in Lakewood, will lead this "build your own museum" camp.
Register at Tacoma Art Museum’s website. WSHS members receive a member discount; select the “member” rate when you register. Limited scholarships are also available. Note: This camp is limited to 15 students. Register today!
General daily outline:
- 8:00-9:00 AM: pre-camp care at Washington State History Museum (WSHM)
- 9:00-9:30 AM: Greeting and check in at WSHM
- 9:30-10:00 AM: Travel to other museums or activities
- 10:00 AM-12:00 PM: Architecture and design work with teaching artist and architects
- 12:00-1:00 PM: Lunch
- 1:00-3:30 PM: Programming by host museum
- Monday July 8 - America's Car Museum
- Tuesday July 9 - Foss Waterway Seaport Museum
- Wednesday July 10 - Tacoma Art Museum
- Thursday July 11 - Museum of Glass
- Friday July 12 - Washington State History Museum
- 3:30-4:00 PM: Travel back to WSHM
- 4:00-5:30 PM: After-care at WSHM
Registration link: https://2513a.blackbaudhosting.com/2513a/Museum-District-STEAM-Camp