University of Washington
Angela and Gerit Bussemaker Photograph Albums
Fashion Plate Collection
Ruth and Louis Kirk Moving Image Collection
This project was funded through a National Endowment for the Humanities "We the People" grant for Washington Women's History to the Washington Women's History Consortium, a part of the Washington State Historical Society. Any views, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this website do not necessarily reflect those of the National Endowment for the Humanities
The Mountaineers Collection
Pacific Northwest Historical Documents Database
Social Issues Photographs
Prior and Norris Troupe Photographs
Vietnam War Era Ephemera Collection
Selected Finding Aids
- Nettie J. Asberry Papers
- Nettie J. Asberry Photograph Collection
- Katharine Bullitt Papers
- Vi Hilbert Papers
- Bernice F. Stern Papers
For other finding aids related to women visit www.lib.washington.edu/specialcoll/findaids/ and type in the search term "women."
Pacific Northwest Quarterly
Pacific Northwest Quarterly (PNQ) is a peer-reviewed journal of Pacific Northwest history published by the University of Washington. The journal has been in publication since 1906, and was originally titled Washington Historical Quarterly. The Women's History Consortium received permission to digitize and link to articles on women's history that appeared in the journal.
Women's History Articles
- "Suffrage in the Pacific Northwest: Old Oregon and Washington," Stella E. Pearce, Washington Historical Quarterly Vol. 3, #2 (1912): 106-114.
- Washington's First Constitution, 1878, Washington Historical Quarterly Vol. 9, #2 (1918): 139-140.
- "Remarks on the Constitution of the State of Washington," Austin Mires, Washington Historical Quarterly Vol. 22, #4 (1931): 276-288.
- "The Earnest Ladies: The Walla Walla Woman's Club and the Equal Suffrage League of 1886-1889," Nelson A. Ault, Pacific Northwest Quarterly Vol. 42, #2 (April 1951): 123-137.
- "The Progressives of Washington, 1910-1912," William T. Kerr, Jr., Pacific Northwest Quarterly Vol. 55, #1 (January 1964): 16-27.
- "May Arkwright Hutton," Benjamin H. Kizer, Pacific Northwest Quarterly Vol. 57, #2 (April 1966): 49-56.
- "Sacagawea and the Suffragettes: An Interpretation of a Myth," Ronald W. Taber, Pacific Northwest Quarterly Vol. 58, #1 (January 1967): 7-13.
- "The Woman Suffrage Movement in Washington," T. Alfred Larson, Pacific Northwest Quarterly Vol. 67, #2 (April 1976): 49-62.
- "Laura Hall Peters: Pursuing the Myth of Equality," Barbara Cloud, Pacific Northwest Quarterly Vol. 74, #1 (January 1983): 28-36.
- "Putting Feminism to a Vote: The Washington State Women's Council, 1963-1978," Janine A. Parry, Pacific Northwest Quarterly Vol. 91, #4 (Fall 2000): 171-182.
Head, Special Collections
U.S. Documents and Women's Studies Librarian
Head, Digital Libraries Initiative
University of Washington
PO Box 352900
Seattle, WA 98195-2900