Washington State History Museum
The Washington State History Museum is where fascination and FUN come together! People of all ages can explore and be entertained in an environment where characters from Washington's past speak about their lives. Through interactive exhibits, theatrical storytelling, high-tech displays and dramatic artifacts, learn about our state's unique people and places, as well as their impact on the country and the world.
Events & Programs
*On the Third Thursday of each month, the History Museum is open until 8pm with FREE ADMISSION from 2-8pm.
|New Year's Day
Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather, the Washington State Historical Society will follow the closure status of the Tacoma Public School District. If TPSD schools are closed, the History Museum will be closed. If the TPSD schools choose a delayed start, the History Museum will operate under normal hours from 10am-5pm, Wednesday-Sunday.
Membership Museum Rates
|Historical Society Members||FREE|
|Adults (Age 18 and over)||$9.50|
|Seniors (Age 60 and over)||$7|
|Students (Ages 6-17 years)||$7|
|Active Duty & Retired Military (ID required)||$7|
|Children (Ages 5 and under)||FREE|
Group (at least 15 people)
|Adults (Age 18 and over)||$8.75|
|Seniors (Age 60 and over)||$6|
Current Discount Admission Promotions:
- Oregon Historical Society members receive free admission to the Washington State History Museum from April 1 - July 31. WSHS members also receive free admission to the Oregon History Museum during this time period. Membership card required.
- 15% Off Admission for AAA Members
- Up to four discounted regular price adult admissions per membership, per visit
- Not valid during Model Train Festival
- Not valid on the Tacoma Museum Pass
- Members who purchase online must present AAA card at Admissions