Hours and Admission for Washington State History Museum
|Tuesday||10 AM - 5 PM|
|Wednesday||10 AM - 5 PM|
|Thursday||10 AM - 5 PM|
|Third Thursday*||10 AM - 8 PM, free admission 3 PM - 8 PM|
|Friday||10 AM - 5 PM|
|Saturday||10 AM - 5 PM|
|Sunday||10 AM - 5 PM|
*On the Third Thursday of each month, the History Museum is open late with FREE ADMISSION from 3 - 8 PM. Free Third Thursdays are generously sponsored by Columbia Bank.
|New Year's Day
Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday
|Historical Society Members||FREE|
|Adults (age 18 and over)||$14|
|Seniors (age 65 and over)||$11|
|Students (age 6-17)||$11|
|Active Duty & Retired Military (ID required)||$11|
|Children (age 5 and under)||FREE|
|Family (up to 2 adults and 4 children under age 18)||$40|
|Washington Foster Parent discount (foster parent license and ID required)||$1/person
|Washington Quest Card discount (EBT card and ID required)||$1/person
Groups including 10 or more paid admissions (age 6 and above) are
eligible for discounted admission.
**Between Memorial Day and Labor Day, Active Duty service members and up to five members of their family receive free admission through the Blue Star Museums program (details below).
Current Discount Admission Promotions:
Washington Quest Card Rate
Show your Washington Quest EBT Card at admissions and get into the History Museum for $1 per person or $2 per family. The card may not be used to purchase the admission.
15% Off Admission for AAA Members
- Up to two discounted regular price adult admissions per membership, per visit
- Not valid during Model Train Festival
- Not valid on the Tacoma Museum Pass
- Members who purchase online must present AAA card at Admissions
North American Reciprocal Association (NARM): The Washington State History Museum does not participate in the NARM reciprocal admission program.
Blue Star Museums
- WSHS is honored to participate in the Blue Star Museums program, offering free admission to active military and up to five family members between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- A complete list of participating museums and details can be found here.
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather, the Washington State Historical Society will follow the closure status of the Tacoma Public School District. If TPSD schools are closed, the History Museum will be closed. If the TPSD schools choose a delayed start, the History Museum will operate under normal hours from 10am-5pm, Tuesday-Sunday.
Planning to visit more than one museum in downtown Tacoma?
Good for one visit to the
- Washington State History Museum,
- Tacoma Art Museum,
- LeMay - America's Car Museum,
- Museum of Glass,
- Foss Waterway Seaport Museum,
- AND Children's Museum of Tacoma.
Good for one full year!