Directions & Parking
WASHINGTON STATE HISTORY MUSEUM
1911 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, Washington
- From I-5 take the I-705/City Center exit. Once on I-705, take the 21st Street exit. Veer left at the top of the ramp, then turn right at the light onto Pacific Avenue. You'll see the museum from the off-ramp. Look for the big brick arches.
- Turn right immediately to park next to the building or follow the access road behind the Museum to the parking lot that extends behind Union Station.
- If both lots are full, look for street parking on Pacific Avenue, or look for parking in the lots off of S. 21st Street between C Street and Jefferson Avenue.
Effective April 14, NB I-5 exit 133 to Tacoma City Center will be closed for several months. From NB I-5, please take exit 132 and detour.
- Northbound I-5 exit 133 to Tacoma city center is closed through 2017. Drivers who use the northbound Interstate 5 exit to I-705 and State Route 7 will need to take a detour.
- The Tacoma city center exit (#133) will be closed through the end of the year to build new HOV connections between I-5 and SR 16.
- During the closure, detour signs will direct northbound I-5 traffic to use the SR 16/South 38th Street exit (#132) to reach downtown Tacoma destinations. WSDOT posted a video showing the detour route to help drivers visualize the changes.
|Weekdays after 6pm & Weekends|