History After Hours
These quarterly adults-only nights at the museum are going virtual during COVID. Join is for games, crafts and fun history talks in an online gathering of like-minded history lovers!
If you were part of Bootleggers Ball 2019 you’ll know how much fun was had celebrating Repeal Day! Prohibition is a big topic in Washington’s history (and nationally), and we’re going to continue to explore the fascinating tales of rum-running, speakeasies and more with a wealth of new activities and presenters! After you register, you’ll get a link to download an event packet. Start working on your prohibition-era costumes now and keep your eye out for the 2020 speakeasy secret pass code!
Your downloadable program kit will include:
• A 1920s fashion craft activity
• Playlist to set the musical mood for your at-home Bootleggers’ Ball
• A coupon for TWO History After Hours collectable beverage glasses, for pickup when the History Museum re-opens
• And more!
We’re here to support you in setting up your our own at-home speakeasy for the evening! This is the year to dress up and play along from home. Join fellow bootleggers via Zoom and we’ll add to the festive atmosphere with the following program presenters:
- 7:00 Mixology lesson & speakeasy history with historian Renee Cebula
- 7:30 The importance of juice in Prohibition Era Washington
- 7:45 Speakeasy storytelling with storyteller Elizabeth Lord
- 8:10 A look at Prohibition Era fashion from the Historical Society’s collections with Executive Director Jennifer Kilmer
- 8:40 Design your own 1920s fashion paper doll
- 8:45 Distanced dance steps led by dance instructors Becca and Bailey
- 9:00 A night cap lesson with Renee Cebula
- Throughout the evening we will have pop-in guests from historical societies across WA sharing their Prohibition Era collections!
Get ready to use your skills in the fashion craft included in your digital kit for an added fashion contest bonus! Go all-in for this fun event by dressing up in 1920-1933 fashion, and send us your pictures throughout the program. Costume competition categories include the most historically accurate and the most festive. Winners get extra History After Hours glassware.
Members get a discount! Find out about membership.Get your tickets today!
Speakeasy cover charge:
FREE for 2020 History After Hours pass holders