It’s the Year of the Woman at Washington State Historical Society. Gather with us via Zoom to celebrate WA women and raise your History After Hours glass from the comfort of your own home!
Event: October 29, 7:00-9:30 PM
$15 not yet members
FREE for History After Hours 2020 Package Holders
- A signature cocktail and mixology lesson with Bryn Quarles of Artusi in Seattle using spirits created by the women owners of Brovo Distilling for a special toast to Washington women
- Postcard collage crafting with suffrage imagery
- A close-up look at images from the Historical Society’s collections related to the fight for women’s suffrage
- A very special live musical performance with local legend Kim Archer
- A lively presentation from Humanities Washington speaker Mayumi Tsutakawa who will highlight diverse Washington women of note including jazz musician Ruby Bishop, photographer Imogen Cunningham, journalist/activist Anna Louise Strong, Upper Skagit linguist Vi Hilbert, and artist Priscilla Chong Jue. (This Humanities WA presentation will be provided for free and streamed on Facebook)
How to Take Part
- Buy your tickets online by October 11 to ensure you get your very own History After Hours Kit which includes:
- two History After Hours glasses,
- crafting materials,
- postcards featuring images from our collections,
- Suffrage Centennial buttons and more!
- Pick up your History After Hours Kit at one of these locations:
- Washington State History Museum, 1911 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, from 10 AM-5 PM, only on Oct. 23-25 or Oct. 27-29
- Three Magnets Brewing Co. at 600 Franklin Street SE, Suite 105, Olympia, only on Oct. 23-25 or Oct. 27-29. Call for pick-up hours: 360-972-2481.
- Log into the event on Zoom! You’ll get your Zoom link after you purchase tickets (see the button above).
We look forward to connecting with you at Cheers for Women!Follow the event on Facebook