Salary: $17.63 – $22.91 Hourly
Location: Pierce County – Tacoma, WA
Job Type: On-Call
Job Number: 2021-02272
These position are on-call for various shifts that include evenings and weekends.
This recruitment is open until filled. The hiring manager reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time. It is in your best interest to apply as early as possible.
Within WSHS, the security department is a vital component to the success of the organization by providing superior front-line customer service to visitors, safety and security of the buildings, its contents and occupants. Security officers will ensure that a detailed account of safety and security tasks are recorded accurately, timely, and concisly, as well as ensuring that the building is free from safety hazards and correcting and/or reporting any deficiencies for action.
NOTE: These positions are on-call (as needed) to cover shifts primarily for planned absences of day shift staff and/or to provide security during programs or private facility rental events. Please do not apply unless you are available to work these shifts. These positions will remain on-call and will not become permanent.
- Observe and report safety and security matters
- Monitor and control access to museum premises
- Assist with parking database, rental event logistics, and facility rental tours
- Perform custodial and grounds work, when necessary
- High School diploma or GED
- One (1) year prior experience in security
- CPR/First Aid and AED certification is required within 6 months of employment.
- Majority of work is inside a controlled environment building. Minor work is performed outside.
- Hazards exist pertaining to safety/first aid responses – PPE provided.
- May work from step ladder, be able to lift, move, or transfer up to 50 lbs on occasion.
- Heavy customer interactions.
UNION SHOP PROVISION: This position is in a bargaining unit and falls under the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation for State Employees (WFSE).
To apply, please carefully follow the below instructions:
We are looking for evidence in your application materials that you have the education, experience, skills, and abilities indicated in this job posting. The information you provide will be used as a basis for deciding who will be selected for the next step in the process. An incomplete application packet may automatically be disqualified.
Please read the full description, details, and application instructions on the State of Washington employment website.
Please provide the following documents:
- A letter of interest to describe why you are the best candidate and how you meet the specific qualifications for this position;
- A current resume, detailing experience, and education.
See full details.
Students interested in obtaining an internship must complete the Internship Inquiry.
For other Washington State employment opportunities, go to careers.wa.gov.