[Dedication Bush Prairie marker]
Photograph of the dedication of an historic marker located on Bush Prairie, Thurston County, marking the Oregon Trail. Bush Prairie was named after George [Washington] Bush, African-American pioneer. In the center of the image is the marker, a white plinth with a bronze plaque on it. Flowers are placed at its base and on its top. Six men and five women stand on either side of the marker. Their names are identified in the subject field of this record. They include members of the Sons of the American Revolution (SAR) and the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR), who were instrumental in placing ten monuments to the Oregon Trail in Washington State. The men are wearing suits and three of them hold hats in hand. The women are wearing dresses and hats. Behind the group are evergreen trees.
Creation Date: Sep. 7, 1916
Catalog ID: 2013.0.211
Object Types: print, photographic
Dimensions: image height 4.5 in Note: smaller of two images. image width 6.5 in . overall height 5 in . overall width 7 in
Related Subjects: Oregon Trail Bush Prairie marker, historic Thurston County African Americans in Washington George A. Virtue Sons of the American Revolution Daughters of the American Revolution Hazard Stevens James Allen Orison J.C. Dutton Ernest Husey Overton Gentry Ellis Judge Ellis Annie Gaston Mrs. Edmund Bowden Mrs. Henry McCleary Mrs. Overton Gentry Ellis Mary Elizabeth Reynolds Lord George Washington Bush
Image Order Form
Submit the following form to order digital files for images, media, and other licensed materials. For assistance, contact the Research Center.