The annual Daffodil Parade is back and takes place along Pacific Avenue in Tacoma. The parade comes with road closures and we’ve written up a re-route to help you navigate around the parade and get to the History Museum. See below for map links and step-by-step directions.
The affected streets should reopen around 1 PM on Saturday, April 9, after the parade.
Map from I-5 Northbound:
Map from I-5 Southbound
Directions from I-5 – same for NB or SB:
- From I-5,
- Take Exit 133 and head RIGHT on the ramp for I-705 N/WA-7 South toward City Center
- RIGHT onto E 26th Street for approx. .2 miles
- Turn LEFT onto E D Street (toward E 25th St) for approx. .2 miles
- Turn LEFT onto E Dock Street, becomes Dock St, for approx. .7 miles
- Turn RIGHT onto Dock St/E 15th There will be a traffic checkpoint here. Go approx. .2 miles.
- Turn LEFT onto Hood Street. There will be a traffic checkpoint here. Go approx.. .1 miles.
- Turn LEFT into the Tacoma Art Museum parking lot (behind the museum).
- Follow the road past the Tacoma Art Museum, past the Courthouse, and under the Bridge of Glass, then you’ll see the Washington State History Museum on your right.
- Parking is available behind the Washington State History Museum, or continue around the curve into our upper parking lot.
- There is an entrance to the Washington State History Museum from the lower parking lot with an elevator to the main floor with admissions. There is also the main museum entrance is from the plaza next to Anthem Café, so if you park in the upper lot, walk along Pacific Avenue and enter under the archway between Anthem and the museum building (to your right).