The Washington State History Museum is open and operating under state and local guidelines related to COVID protocols.
The museum is operating at 100% capacity.
WSHS members get free admission and can download digital membership cards to their smartphones. Contact Phlianthropy@wshs.wa.gov for membership information.
The Research Center is open by appointment.
Stay connected with virtual programs, the WA State History Museum App, downloadable curriculum, and more.
- Download resources for preschool and K-12 students who are learning at home on our History at Home page, and find additional curriculum here.
- Explore artifacts, exhibits and learning activities through the WA State History Museum’s free app.
- Look through the Historical Society’s collections in an online database: In the search field, type in your object or subject of interest (baskets or logging, for example) and see what comes up!
- Join in our live virtual programs and events, take virtual tours, and experience digital exhibitions here.
- Dive into a digital library of articles about the rich history of the Pacific Northwest in the archives of our award-winning popular history magazine, COLUMBIA.
- Tune into Columbia Conversations to hear interviews with historians from around Washington and the Old Oregon Territory.
- Contribute your COVID-19 story to our collections. Help document this historic event with digital images, ephemera, or objects. Click here for more information, and thank you!
- Heritage and cultural organizations: We have a list of resources for you, and join us for Common Concerns live online conversations. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the Common Concerns email list.