Self-Guided Field Trips Now Available for 100 or Fewer Students
Thank you so much for your interest in visiting the Washington State History Museum! We continue to follow public health guidelines to reduce the spread of COVID-19, and to keep our staff and visitors safe.
For the remainder of the 2021-22 school year we can schedule small, self-guided field trips for groups with the following requirements:
- 100 students or fewer. We can host a maximum of 100 students per day; if your group is larger, considering splitting your group and visiting on separate days.
- Coats, bags, and backpacks cannot be stored in the museum; consider leaving those items at your school or on the bus. Note that you may carry a bag or backpack with first aid items that need to stay with your group.
- A blue cart will be available for storing your sack lunches and snacks while at the Museum. An indoor lunch space is available upon request and is tentatively scheduled in case of inclement weather. Otherwise, you may plan to eat lunch outdoors in the amphitheater.
If additional rules and guidelines related to COVID-19 apply within your school, please continue to follow them while you are visiting the History Museum.
We know not everyone will be able to book a field trip this year, and we’re sorry for any inconvenience. As we continue to monitor public health guidelines and best practices, we look forward to being able to welcome more school groups back to the museum. Thank you for helping us make sure you, your students, and our staff are safe while you explore Washington state history!
How to Schedule your Self-Guided Field Trip
Fill out this form to schedule your self-guided field trip for 100 students or fewer.
If your group has fewer than 10 students, there is no need to book a field trip. Instead, simply visit as members of the general public! You will have access to all the same galleries and exhibits. To see admission prices and discounts you may qualify for, visit this page. We are scheduling field trips two weeks in advance. You will receive an answer within three business days.
Resources for your Classroom
The Washington State Historical Society also offers educational resources you can use in your classroom including curriculum, printable exhibits, and the WA State History Museum App with related history lessons and activity sheets.
How to Book a Field Trip
- Explore field trip costs and funding opportunities.
- Learn and share museum expectations on our “Know Before You Go” webpage.
- Book a field trip.
Self-guided field trips allow students to access our permanent exhibit, the Great Hall of Washington History, as well as all of our temporary exhibits. See which exhibits will be on display when you visit.
For more information, contact the Education Department.