Field Trip Scholarships
The Historical Society’s Field Trip Scholarship Program provides financial aid for underserved schools.
Our field trip scholarships cover:
- The entire cost of admission for students, chaperones and teachers, and
- the cost of transportation (based on the cost estimate provided in your application).
We encourage applicants to bring their students on a field trip to the museum before March, especially if they are applying for the first round of scholarships. The spring is a busy time of year for field trips, so scheduling your trip earlier in the year will help your students have a more productive learning experience.
Who can apply?
- Teachers who would like to bring their classes on a field trip to the Washington State History Museum.
- Schools where 50% or more of students receive free or reduced-price lunches. If you are not sure if this applies to you, please check by reviewing data from OSPI’s Child Nutrition Program.
Other Field Trip Funding Resources:
- Admission cost for all self-guided and History Lab field trips is based on a sliding scale, even for groups not awarded a scholarship. See more above.
If you have any questions about the Field Trip Scholarships application process or program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in donating to Field Trip Scholarships? Visit our Field Trip Scholarship Fund webpage.
Once you have selected which type of field trip is best for your group and explored funding options:
- Please review our Know Before You Go webpage for guidelines about the logistics of your visit.
- Use our online form to book a field trip.
For more information, contact the Education Department.
Please note: We no longer offer bus funding for early visits. These funds now support the Field Trip Scholarship program.